In recent years, Yamaha has made a habit of introducing more and more innovative and advanced models to its comprehensive range of 4-stroke outboards. The 150-200hp sector is the latest power segment to benefit from this continuous programme of new technology development with the launch of Yamaha’s latest lightweight outboard.
The F175’s new design features and revolutionary weight-saving technologies work together, creating a real leader in this class. In fact, weighing in at only 225kg, this powerful lightweight delivers more fun and enjoyment per kilogram than you would ever think possible.
The F175 also benefits from many other recent technological advances made by Yamaha, a good example being the optional Digital Network System now available on all models of 30hp upwards. With it comes the availability of comprehensive range of multi-function instruments and another very attractive feature - Variable Trolling RPM Speed Control. Another example is the exclusive Yamaha Customer Outboard Protection (Y-COP) system, which offers the same security you expect from your car - to immobilise the engine until you want to start it again, simply press the button on the remote key fob. The F175 is smoother too, because its unique Shift Dampener System (SDS) has put an end to ‘clunky’ gear shifting.
The F175 is designed primarily for customers who want plenty of power, but with the compact dimensions and weight of perhaps a Yamaha F150 or even a two-stroke 200hp engine. In fact, this engine would be ideal for re-powering a boat with a 200hp 2-stroke, because the owner would gain the cleaner, more efficient and environmentally-friendly performance of a 4-stroke engine with little or no weight penalty – and probably a reduction!
So with its in-line 4-cylinder configuration, muscular power band and innovative engineering, the new F175 is suited to a wide range of boats and a comprehensive list of uses – bringing improved fuel-efficiency and smooth, quiet performance to everything from water sports and cruising boats, to tenders and utility craft.
This stylish, elegant outboard, with its latest-generation top cowling design is presented in a compact, lightweight package designed to deliver an exceptional power-to-weight ratio and sparkling performance, along with the legendary reliability expected from every Yamaha outboard.
KEY FEATURES OF THE YAMAHA F175:
- 2.8 Litre DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine
- Weighs only 225kg – lighter than many more powerful models!
- Extremely fuel efficient – lower running costs
- Y-COP immobiliser/security system – remote key-fob brings peace of mind
- Digital Network System option - allows latest multi-function gauges
- Variable trolling RPM – available with Digital Network System option
- 50 Amp high output alternator – extra power for starting and accessories
- Shift Dampening System (SDS) - for smooth clunk-free gear changes
- Reliance SDS - recommended propeller
- Latest-generation styling with new top cowling and elegant design
- Tilt limiter switch (optional)